3 years B.A. Courses
Course of Study: Three Years Degree Course (TDC/B.A. Semester Course):The college offers the privilege of imparting studies in the faculty of Arts only under the aegis of Bodoland University, Kokajhar. A student who passed higher secondary or equivalent examination may be admitted to B.A 1st year and shall have to opt for the subjects as stated below. Subjects: English, MIL (Assamese/Bodo/Alternative English). Honours Subjects: Assamese, Bodo, Economics, Education, English, Philosophy, Political Science, History, Statistics and Sanskrit. Elective Subjects(GE): Assamese, Bodo, English, Economics, Education, English, Philosophy, Political Science, History, Sanskrit and Statistics. Three Years Degree Course (TDC/BA) consists of Six Semester covering three Academic Year with three odd semesters and same number of even semesters.
FIRST ACADEMIC YEAR (BU-August/2020)FIRST SEMESTER WITH HONOURS (Examination was to be held on Dec/2020) AECC-I Communicative-(Assamese/Bodo/English) CC-1 CC-2 GE-1 SECOND SEMESTER WITH HONOURS (BU-Exam was to be in Jun-July/2021) AECC-II-Environmental Studies CC-3 CC-4 GE-2 FIRST SEMESTER REGULAR COURSE
SECOND ACADEMIC YEAR (GU, August/2021-22)THIRD SEMESTER WITH MAJOR MIL(Assamese/Bodo/Alt. English) Major Paper -3.1 Major Paper-3.2 Environmental Studies FOURTH SEMESTER WITH MAJOR MIL(Assamese/Bodo/Alt. English) Major Paper -4.1 Major Paper- 4.2 Environmental Studies NB: Students of Assamese Major will have a project Paper 4.3 THIRD SEMESTER WITHOUT MAJOR MIL(Assamese/Bodo/Alt. English) Elective Paper -3.1 Elective Paper-3.2 Environmental Studies FOURTH SEMESTER WITH OUT MAJOR MIL(Assamese/Bodo/Alt. English) Elective Paper -4.1 Elective Paper-4.2 Environmental Studies
THIRD ACADEMIC YEAR (GU)FIFTH SEMESTER WITH MAJOR Major Paper-5.1 Major Paper – 5.2 Major Paper-5.3 Major Paper -5.4 Major Paper-5.5 Major paper- 5.6 FIFTH SEMESTER WITHOUT MAJOR Elective Paper -5.1 Elective Paper-5.2 SIXTH SEMESTER WITH MAJOR Major Paper- 6.1 Major Paper -6.2 Major Paper- 6.3 Major Paper -6.4 Major Paper- 6.5 Major paper- 6.6 NB: Students of Bodo, Education, History and philosophy will have a project paper as 6.6 SIXTH SEMESTER WITHOUT MAJOR Elective Paper – 6.1 Elective Paper- 6.2 Time Period: First, Third and Fifth Semester:
(Including Examinations) Time Period: Second, Fourth and Sixth Semester: (c) Semester Break :
- Student’s performance is monitored throughout the Semester by continuous assessment in the theory and practical courses. Evaluation of the Students performance in each of the theory and practical paper are based on the following:
- External Evaluation : 80 % Marks
- Internal Evaluation is based on two sessional examinations, home assignments, Seminars and library work in each Semester.
- External Evaluation is based on Final Examination at the end of the Semester.
- The pass marks in each theory paper is 40 % and in each practical paper is 40 %
- In each paper, students must secure pass marks in both the internal as well as the external evaluation separately.